“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
‘Building Dreams Together’
Volunteer with the Excel Education Foundation
By volunteering with the Excel Education Foundation, you can make a difference in a child’s life. The Excel Education Foundation is a non-profit foundation committed to supporting and funding children who cannot afford basic education.
As a volunteer you will be able to share your skills and your heart while supporting the over sixty children sponsored by the Excel Education Foundation.
Volunteer Opportunities at EEF
- Home visits to meet, assess and support EEF sponsored children and their caregivers in their homes
- Teaching and/or tutoring English to EEF sponsored children and their caregivers
- Teaching and facilitating handicraft sessions such as sewing, jewelry, beading with EEF children and their caregivers
- Assisting with technological aspects of the EEF program such as photographing EEF events, assisting with online communication and/or providing support for the EEF website
- Assisting in preparing documents and writing grant proposals related directly to the EEF program
- Assisting with the program administration of the EEF program such as planning and participating in EEF events such as Family Day, EEF field trips and the Kilimanjaro Health Run and Marathon.
Accommodation and Meals
All EEF volunteers are accommodated at Sunbird House in the district of Rau. Sunbird House is an easy walk to downtown Moshi and is well served by taxis and public transportation such as buses and dala dalas. The house accommodates twelve volunteers in shared accommodation. Sunbird House is well maintained. All rooms are cleaned daily and the bed sheets and towels are changed every three days. Traditional Tanzanian meals are prepared for volunteers at breakfast, lunch and dinner time each day.
Cultural and Travel Opportunities
Tanzania has a wealth of world class cultural and travel opportunities available to EEF volunteers such as safaris or visiting Zanzibar. The EEF staff is able to suggest travel agencies in Moshi that can be used by volunteers wishing to travel during their time in Tanzania.
Volunteer Costs at EEF
- Accommodation and Meals at Sunbird House
i] $300 USD per Week – Months of January, February. March, June, July,
August, September, October November and December
ii] $250 USD per Week – Months of April and May
- Air Travel – Air travel costs will vary for each volunteer
- Tanzanian Government VISA for Volunteers – Approximate cost is $250 USD. For the exact cost for the volunteer visa, volunteers need to consult the Tanzanian Embassy in their home country.
- Taxi from Kilimanjaro Airport to Moshi [EEF’s Home Base] – The one hour drive from the airport to Moshi costs a standard $50 USD.
- International Travel Insurance – The costs for international travel insurance will vary for each volunteer
- Personal Spending Money – For leisure and recreational activities
Apply to be an EEF volunteer today,e-mail email@example.com