EXCEL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Giving impoverished children the opportunity to reach their full potential and participate fully in every aspect of life.
Excel Education Foundation (EEF) provides impoverished children with a pathway to public education by connecting them with sponsors form all over the world. We are always welcoming new volunteers and provide various volunteering opportunities for those who come to Tanzania to help support these children who cannot afford the cost of basic education. We believe that every child deserves a dream, and that education is the fuel for that dream.
Donate and/or Volunteer Today, and help us achieve these Dreams!
Who we are.
Excel Education Foundation – We empower those who can not afford the cost of basic education.
What we do.
- Provide educational support to orphans and vulnerable children affected by poverty
- EEF currently supports 107 students in Moshi in the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania.
Why we Do it
- 36% of Moshi population is living in poverty are unable to pay school fees, hence not having the chance to have an education
- 3.7% drop out from primary school due to poverty
- Over 90% of students do not have sole use of textbooks, these are usually shared – a typical ratio is 1 textbook for 6 students.
- Only 60% of primary school students pass the examinations to qualify for public secondary school
- The average ratio of teacher to student in each classroom is 1:50
It is important to us that our students know that someone cares about them and their educational success. It is also vital that our students are aware that everyone has the right to proper education and despite hardships (financial or otherwise), there are people who are working to guarantee academic opportunities for them.
Become a Volunteer
- Work with teachers in local schools
- Work with our Micro Finance group
- Tutor children after school
- Help with the administration in the EEF headquarters